Exciting news! Our current roommate has decided to follow her heart’s aspiration and fully immerse herself in the meditative practice of her spiritual tradition. She will be leaving our apartment by the end of June to live in Asia for an undetermined amount of time.
While Mira and I are a bit sad to see her go, we are also excited about the possibilities. Our roommate’s decision to deepen her practice presents our own community with an opportunity to do the same. So, it is with much hope and excitement that Mira and I are announcing that we will be looking for a third housemate to offer their presence and practice in co-creating the first official Wake Up House in LA!
The ideal housemate will:
- Have a strong desire to live in a supportive community of mindfulness practice
- Refrain from using drugs and alcohol at home
- Participate in mindfulness meditation practices with housemates
- Offer support and leadership in hosting weekly Wake Up gatherings for the larger community
- 2 Bedroom, 1 Bath Apartment in a two-story, 6 unit building. Our apartment has a small front yard and a single car driveway. No permit is required for parking on the street. Mira and I currently share the larger bedroom, leaving the smaller one available for the new housemate.
- Walking distance to beach, parks, grocery stores, and restaurants. Short and easy commute to the 10 Freeway.
- Rent: $664/month + utilities. Total rent of $1990/month is split evenly among the three of us.
- Utilities: Water and trash are paid by landlord. Gas, electricity, and internet are shared.
- Lease terms: Available July 1st on a month-to-month lease.
If you are aspiring to more fully integrate your mindfulness practice with daily life and interested in becoming a member of the Wake Up LA House please send an email to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Jonathan and Mira