- This event has passed.
Wake Up Thailand Retreat: Anywhere Is Home
May 3, 2017 @ May 3, 2017 - May 7, 2017 @ May 7, 2017
“Our true home is not in the past. Our true home is not in the future. Our true home is in the here and now. Life is possible in the here and in the now, and it is our True Home.”
Thich Nhat Hanh
In the beginning of May, Thai Plum Village opens the house to welcome young friends in Wake Up Retreat to cultivate the energy of mindfulness, peace, and joy together with brothers, sisters and Wake Up volunteers. With our mindful breath and steps, we can come back to our true home within ourselves making our smile, real and our life, true!
Date and Time: 10 AM, 3rd May – 2 PM, 7th May, 2017
Venue: Thai Plum Village International Practice Center, Pak Chong, Thailand
Main Language: English (translation provided for Thais and Vietnamese)
Number of participants: 350 people (age 18-35)
4:45 Wake Up
5:30 Sitting Meditation, Chanting and Walking Meditation
8:30 Working Meditation
9:45 Singing Meditation
10:00 Dharma Talk
13:30 Total Relaxation
15:00 Sharing from the Heart
16:30 Sports and Games/ Personal Consultation
19:30 Sitting Meditation & Touching the Earth / Five Mindfulness Trainings Presentation / Beginning Anew Presentation
21:30 Noble Silence.
Special activities: Hiking / Skit, Talent Show
Participants: 350 people (ages 18-35)
- Three vegetarian meals per day.
- Please do not wear shorts, spaghetti top and tank top, wide or open-neck t-shirt. Loose attire is preferred and the most comfortable for sitting meditation. This is also for you to feel more at ease around the monastic brothers and sisters. You don’t need to wear all white outfits.
- The accommodation is separate dormitories/tents for females and males.
- Please bring umbrellas, hats, flashlights, mosquito repellant, jackets, sleeping bags, sport shoes, flip-flops, and your own medicines (if any).
- You can bring your own water bottle (we have the refill water stations for you).
- This retreat is a good opportunity for you to fully come back to yourself, cut off from the disturbance outside. So we would like to suggest you to turn off your mobile phone and your electronic devices, and use them as less as possible.
- If you would like to travel by the provided bus/van, there will be an extra charge of 800 baht per person for the round trip transportation between Bangkok and Thai Plum Village.
- Meeting Point 1: In front of McDonald’s, Amarin Plaza, Chidlom BTS Station (E1). Departure Time is 6:30am.
- Meeting Point 2: ESSO petrol service station, Phahonyotin Road, next to BIG C supermarket, before the entrance of Meongeak Village at 6:45am.
Leaving Plum Village Pakchong at 1.30pm
- First stop: Future Park Rungsit
- Second stop: Don Mueng Airport
- Final stop: BTS Mochit station around 6:00 pm.
- If you would like to travel to Thai Plum Village on your own, please study this link: http://www.thaiplumvillage.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=207&Itemid=112
Course fee (not include the transportation fee)
- 2,500 baht for full price
- 2,000 baht for those who need this financial support
- For Thai only: would like to receive full financial support, you need to pay a deposit of 2,000 baht. You will receive your money back on the last day of the retreat (We receive financial support from Thai Health Organization)
You can also donate to support our friends in need of financial support and/or to help our Wake Up activities.
Transfer the money to
Account Name: PVF for Thaihealth
BANK OF AYUDHYA PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED / SIAM PARAGON BRANCH,
Account no. 531-1-37539-3, SWIFT CODE: AYUDTHBK
** Please send the payment slip via email: firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days to confirm your registration.
The registration closes on April 24 at 6pm, or when the registration is full.
For more information: email email@example.com
We are looking forward to seeing you in our retreat!
Organization Team at Wake Up Thai Plum Village
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/439050693096482